You can not imagine a cool and refreshing beverage or a cocktail without ice? It is simply irreplaceable, as its main purpose is to keep the drink cols as long as it is possible. Ice is made from spring, purified, or at least boiled water so that it is transparent and contains as few unnecessary impurities as possible. However, when the main goal of the drink is not only to quench the thirst but also to please the eye, use bright fruit and herbs ice cubes instead of plain ice cubes!
Ice cubes with berries, herbs, leaves, flowers, and fruit slices can be a very simple but fun element to add to your party decorations. Do keep in mind how all these different ingredients will go with the drinks that you are going to serve. Here are some basic rules that can help you to choose types of ice cubes for your drinks:
- Be sure to consider the combination of the drink and herbal leaves. The most suitable options are mint, basil, thyme, and lemon balm.
- Instead of herbs, you can freeze tiny edible flowers – small buds of roses, violets, nasturtiums.
- Freeze the berries after removing the kernels.
- You can add slices of fruits (especially citrusy ones, melon, and watermelon), vegetables, and olives. Nuts can also be a great option for ice cubes.
- You can freeze juices, lemonades, fruit drinks, and liquors. This will enrich the taste of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic cocktails. It will definitely make the look of the drink pop.
- Do not forget about the compatibility of ingredients!
- Before you making ice cubes with fruits and berries, be sure to rinse all the ingredients thoroughly under running water.
- You can use already frozen fruits and berries.
- You can even freeze any leftover red wine with some added berries. It will be a perfect addition to Sangria or Clericó drinks!
- Coffee Ice Cubes. Add this ice to cold milk for a refreshing, non-alcoholic cocktail. Just brew coffee, add some cinnamon and vanilla to taste, pour into molds.
Fruit and Herb Ice Cubes Recipe
- Boiledwater, room temperature;
- Fragaria (wild strawberry);
- A multicolored mix of currant berries;
- Thin lemon slices cut in half;
- Mint (or other herbs of your choice).
- Rinse all the berries under running water. Make sure to get rid of all the bad berries.
- Spread the berries and lemon slices evenly between all the cubes of the tray.
- Rinse mint leaves. Slightly bruise them to release the flavor and add to the cubes with berries and lemon.
- Pour boiled water onto the berries and mint.
- Freeze for at least 3 to 4 hours (preferably overnight).
You can add each ingredient to a separate cube so you will have lemon ice cubes, mint ice cubes, and ice cubes with different types of berries. On the other hand, you can mix them the way I did in the recipe.
These types of ice cubes definitely make me drink more water; you should really give them a chance! There are simple to make and a very sneaky way to add some vitamins to those who are picky eaters! Do not forget to share the article with your friends if you liked it!