Greek salad is a must-to-know recipe! It can be a perfect homemade dish and you can order it at a restaurant and never go wrong with your choice. The easiest to follow recipe for the delicious salad with simple but colorful and mouth-watering ingredients. This salad is also can be of a make-a-head type; just simply do not pour dressing in and do not cut tomatoes in half. Learn how you can make this staple salad for the Mediterranean cuisine!
Prep time: 20 minutes Servings: 3 Calories: 88 kcal per 100 g
Ingredients for the Easiest Greek Salad:
- 400 g cherry or grape tomatoes, halved;
- 300 g cucumbers, chopped;
- 250 g bell peppers chopped;
- 100 g diced red onion;
- 200 g feta cheese, cubed;
- 100 g pitted black olives;
- 5 tbsps. olive oil;
- 2 tbsps. lemon juice, freshly squeezed;
- 1 tsp. dried oregano;
- black pepper and salt to taste.
How to Make the Best Greek Salad Dressing:
- Make a salad dressing in advance, before you start chopping ingredients for the salad. Combine extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, dried oregano, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. You can mix and match ingredients to your taste. You can substitute lemon juice with wine or balsamic vinegar, oregano with thyme and parsley. Let the spices soak for some time in olive oil to savor their flavor before adding dressing to the salad.
How to Make a Simple Greek Salad:
- Cut in half the type of tomatoes you have chosen for the salad.
- Chop cucumbers into big bite-sized pieces. It depends on you whether to peel cucumbers or not.
- Chop bell pepper into same sized pieces as cucumber. Add to the bowl with other ingredients.
- Use red onions in this salad for their sweet and mild taste. Slice onion into full or half rings.
- Add olives and combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl (our advice is to use olives unsliced; our goal is to use same sized ingredients for the salad).
- Now, it is time to transfer ingredients to a serving plate. There are some variations: you can serve salad as it is or you can place mixed ingredients on any salad leaf first (chopped or whole) and then top it with mixed ingredients.
- Top your salad with sliced into cubes feta cheese.
- Pour dressing directly before serving the salad. Enjoy!
Traditionally Greek Salad is served with toasted bread slices; you dip them into delicious combination of dressing with tomato juice and fresh feta cheese, which is always left on your plate. Here is another way to serve this salad for you, you place toasts on a serving plate first and then all the other ingredients. Best served with dolmas (stuffed grape leaves) and anchovies.
We hope that our recipe was the one that you were looking for. The easiest way to make a delicious Greek salad. Try following our guidelines, pay more attention to the dressing and you will have a perfect salad. If you liked our recipe, please share it with your friends!