Today I will post something different as I usually had main dishes, dishes or appetizers. There were no sauce, so I guess; I wanted something new to try. And decided to start with the simplest tastiest sauce. This sauce perfectly complements any type of meat. It is great to emphasize the taste of the main dish, make its flavor brighter and more saturated. Oh believe me; the simple sauce can change dishes that you are used to, beyond recognition, turning them into real culinary masterpieces. The recipe is simple to follow with easy to get ingredients.
Ingredients for Delicious Mushroom Sauce:
- 150 g mushrooms (cremini or button);
- 60 g onion;
- 50 g butter;
- 300 ml cream;
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour;
- 4 tsp. oil;
- salt, pepper to taste.
How to make mushroom sauce from scratch:
- Chop onion into the smallest pieces you can.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium to high heat and add chopped onion. Sauté onion until soft and golden. Do not omit this ingredient as onion adds more flavor to the sauce.
- Thoroughly wash mushrooms under cold water, pat them dry and cut the same as the onion. Into the smallest pieces, you can. Add to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes.
- Take the separate skillet and make the sauce. Fist add flour and fry it until the color becomes creamy.
- Add butter to the skillet, stir constantly until the mixture becomes like on the picture I have.
- Add cream; keep stirring the mixture until it becomes smooth, try getting reed of all the lumps. Cream is a great way to soften the taste of mushrooms.
- Simmer cream at a low heat for 2-3 minutes and then add it to the skillet with sautéed mushrooms and onion.
- Stir the mixture and cook it for at least 5 minutes at a low heat in a skillet covered with a lead. Season sauce to you taste with salt and pepper. If you like some special type of herbs, add them to the sauce. I tend to use dry basil, thyme or rosemary.
- After seasoning take the skillet off the heat and let it sit for 10 minutes to incorporate all the flavors and then serve. Enjoy!
If you liked this recipe of creamy mushroom sauce, do not forget to share with your friends!
This sauce is perfect with not only meat or fish; you can have it together with baked vegetables, asparagus is my fave, any garnish or just as a dip. All your suggestions and ideas leave in the comment section below. Love getting feedback, please, your share your thoughts on the recipe with others.