Travelling is a marvelous thing! I learned it a long time ago. You not only broaden your worldview but you have a perfect opportunity to integrate the jams of world cuisines into your diet. “Mustikkapiirakka” the finish blueberry pie was one of the first recipes that I discovered and was like “How I do not know it?”
Easy recipe, simple ingredients and berries! Sour and sweet taste at the same time! 20 minutes to prepare and 40 minutes to bake and in 1 hour you have the best blueberry dessert ever. The crucial thing for me that this blueberry pie recipe is without cornstarch. You make pie filling using only blueberry with sour cream (and some sugar). Try it and you won’t regret it!
Ingredients for the best blueberry pie ever:
- 200 g all-purpose flour;
- 150 g butter (unsalted);
- 150 g powdered sugar;
- ½ tsp. baking powder;
- 2 eggs;
- 400 g blueberry;
- 2 g vanillin or 2 tsps. pure vanilla extract;
- 250 g full fat sour cream or Crème fraiche.
This pie recipe is very versatile. You can change the type of berries for the filling; bake lingonberry pie or currant tart using guidelines from this recipe. Instead fresh berries, use frozen and you will still get the best Finnish dessert (thaw frozen berries before using them in the filling).
How to Bake Finnish Blueberry Tart:
- Beat together soft room-temperature butter with 100 grams powdered sugar in a large bowl. Using electric mixer will make it easier.
- Add egg and mix in together with the cream.
- Sift flour together with baking powder into the bowl with the mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients into a dough. It should become malleable. Better to use your hands to knead the dough for the crust.
- Grease the cake pan nicely. Place dough in the pan and using your hands spread it in a thin layer across the bottom up to the sides (5 cm high). Make halls in pressed dough with a fork (it will prevent the crust from deformation).
- 50 g powdered sugar whip together with sour cream, 1 egg and vanilla extract or vanillin.
- Add blueberries and gently mix together with the cream.
- Preheat oven at 180 °C/375 °F. Evenly pour the filling with blueberries into the piecrust. Bake Finnish blueberry tart for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let it to cool down. Only then, you can cut it into triangular pieces and serve it for tea.
Think I convinced you that there is no easier recipe for a blueberry pie. Hope that you liked my recipe and you will share it with your friends! If you have any questions I will be glad to help you, leave them in the comment section and I will get back to you as quick as possible.