If you are craving for a simple meal that will be loaded with flavor, this recipe is for you. With only five main ingredients, you will have a delicious creamy soup. But here is a trick there is no cream. We will be cooking mushroom soup with cheese. No matter which one you choose cream cheese or spreadable cheese, you will have that creamy texture either way. And with chopped fresh herbs and mushrooms the flavor and aroma will be mouthwatering.
Ingredients for Mushroom Cheese Soup:
- 400 g fresh mushrooms, sliced;
- 1 potato, cubed;
- 1 carrot, shredded;
- 4 tbsps. vegetable oil;
- 1 onion, chopped;
- fresh herbs (dill, parsley, basil);
- 250 g cream cheese (or spreadable cheese).
How to cook soup with mushrooms and cream cheese:
- Boil 1.5 liters of water in a pot and add cubed potato. Let it simmer on a medium to low heat while you sauté vegetables.
- Take a skillet and heat oil in it. Add grated carrot and chopped onion: sauté veggies for 4 minutes on a medium heat.
- In four minutes, add sliced mushrooms, mix them together with carrot and onion. Sauté the mixture for 10 minutes stirring them constantly.
- When you have vegetables ready, add them to simmering potatoes.
- When soup reboils, add cream cheese. I find that it is easier to cook cheese when it is shredded (in those cases if consistency allows). I use coarse grater for this.
- Give cheese 5 minutes to melt away in the broth (start calculating the time when water boils again). Adjust level of salt and pepper to your taste, sprinkle some chopped fresh herbs. Cover the pot with lid; take the pot from the heat.
- Before serving let the flavors open up in the broth. And here you have a perfect cheesy mushroom soup!
You see that is a very easy to cook cheesy soup with mushrooms. But on one condition, just follow my recipe step-by-step. Hope that you found this recipe delicious. Do not forget to share it with your friends! If you have any questions, leave them in the comment section below and I will come back to you as quick as possible.