Cake doughnut is a simple yeast dessert. This classic recipe is easy to cook and, as a result, you get a tasty delicious dessert. Do you know what the key reason for me to cook my own desserts is? You can control the amount of sugar and the presence of any artificial or harmful ingredients.
The recipe of ring doughnuts that I will share with you today is pretty basic. It has few ingredients that are easy to find in every store. Just follow the instructions and you will get a perfect dough to handle and easy to deep-fry. Get a cup of tea or coffee and enjoy your dessert!
Ingredients for Homemade Plain Doughnuts:
- 5 cups all-purpose flour;
- 100 ml milk;
- 2 tbsps. sugar;
- 15 g dry yeast;
- 30 g butter;
- 1 egg;
- a pinch of salt;
- 300 ml oil for deep frying;
- powdered sugar.
How to make cake donuts from scratch:
- Take butter out of the fridge an hour before cooking; let it soften and become manageable.
- Before combining ingredients for the dough, slightly warm up the milk. Add dry yeast, a pinch of salt and amount of sugar that is mentioned in the list. Thoroughly stir to combine all the ingredients so that sugar and yeast dissolve a little in milk. Set the mixture aside for 10-15 minutes for yeast to activate.
- Sift flour through a fine sieve into the milk; next beat an egg and add butter to the mixture.
- First, stir the mixture with a spoon and then knead the dough with hands until you have thick but soft and tender dough. Let the dough sit for 60 minutes covered in a bowl before deep-frying. After a while, the dough will rise approximately twice its size.
- Sprinkle the surface with some flour before rolling dough. Divide the dough into several even pieces to get the layer 5 mm thick. Cut doughnuts with a doughnut cutter (you can also use biscuit cutters of two sizes).
- Heat oil in a deep saucepan. Lower doughnuts into a hot oil (use a slotted spoon for the purpose not to get burned) and fry them until golden. It should take 2 minutes for each side and you better fry them in bunches by 2 or 3 pieces. Let the oil reheat between each batch of doughnuts.
- Drain fried donuts on the paper towels to get rid of excess oil; sprinkle doughnuts with some powdered sugar before serving. Bon appetite!
Please, share this recipe with your friends, if you liked it!
If you have never tried classic plane doughnuts, do not pass by this recipe. It is easy and simple to make, as a result, you will get a perfect dessert for your family and friends! If you have any questions, leave them below and I will help you as soon as I can.