Boiling quinoa is one of the easiest ways that you can cook quinoa. It takes a little effort, but, as a result, you get a perfect grain with fiber and protein, plus gluten free. Let us have a look at how you can cook quinoa on the stove and how long is to process of cooking quinoa. We will give you a recipe for perfect boiled quinoa and teach you all the tricks that you will need along the way.
If you want to learn How you can measure quinoa without using scales, follow this link.
How long to cook quinoa on the stove?
If you want to make tasty fluffy quinoa pay attention to the time of boiling, as if you over boil your grain it will become all mushy:
- How long do you boil quinoa? You need to cook quinoa in boiling water for 15 minutes on average.
- How long do you cook quinoa in a rice cooker? You should cook quinoa at least for 30 minutes in a rice cooker.
The process of cooking quinoa is not as difficult as it seems from the beginning with our detailed recipe you can master tasty boiled quinoa from the first time preparing it.
How much does 1 cup of dry quinoa yield? 1 cup of dry quinoa makes about 3 cups of cooked quinoa.
How much liquid do you need to cook quinoa? The proportion is following: 1 cup of dry quinoa to 2 cups of water (or broth).
How to cook quinoa in a pot?
Quinoa is a perfect grain, which can be used as a garnish or an ingredient in salads; you can add it to your meal plans without any hesitation. Here is a step-by-step guide how you can cook quinoa perfectly.
Ingredients for the recipe: 1 cup water, 2 cups water, salt to taste. Type: Side dish Cuisine: Vegan Calories: 120 kcal Yield: 4 servings Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 25 min Ready in 35 min
- Measure out necessary amount of quinoa and rinse it thoroughly under running water before cooking. If you have time you can presoak quinoa in cold water for several hours, but this step is not necessary.
Do you need to wash quinoa before cooking? As a rule, packaged quinoa is sold already rinsed, but it won`t be something extra, as rinsing will remove saponin, natural coating of this grain. Why is it important? It can make your cooked quinoa taste bitter.
- Pour 2 cups of cold water into a pot and let it boil on the high heat. After add washed quinoa into the pot with boiling water.
You also can add quinoa in the beginning, first you add quinoa into the pot, then pour water and put it on the medium heat to boil. However, in this case you are risking getting overcooked quinoa. If you decided to cook grain in this way, than do not cover the pot with a lid while quinoa will be simmering.
- When water boils again lower down the heat, for water to be just simmering gently. Cook quinoa for at least 15 minutes or until all the liquid absorbs. Stir quinoa several times while cooking for even readiness.
- When quinoa is ready, you can serve it at once or keep it in the refrigerator after it cools down.
If you have any questions on the subject or any suggestions on what you want to hear from us more, please leave them in the section below. Feel free to share this recipe with your friends, if you found it helpful. Do not be afraid to experiment with your diet, as adding such nutritional grains as quinoa will have a positive effect on your help.