This recipe of this chocolate glaze is a great equivalent for a chocolate ganache. If you have no heavy cream, try to follow our recipe for a perfect chocolate frosting with simple ingredients and an easy cooking process.
If you want to learn how you can measure cocoa powder without using scales, follow this link.
How long does it take to cook chocolate frosting?
Chocolate frosting is one of those things that seems too complicated to make but has a quick and easy recipe. The actual time of boiling glaze in a saucepan on the stove will be several minutes. You wait until all the ingredients boil and then simmer the mixture for 20-30 seconds.
Wait several minutes after simmering chocolate frosting before using it to coat any dessert. It needs to cool down and get thicker.
Basic tips for homemade chocolate frosting from cocoa powder
As in any recipe, those who are going to make chocolate frosting should now some useful tricks. They will help to make your boiled chocolate frosting into an even mixture without any bumps:
- If you have a choice between granulated sugar and confectioners sugar, please choose confectionery. It will make your chocolate fluffy and light-textured.
- All the dry ingredients should be bolted and mixed before you add milk.
- If you did not get the desired consistency of a glaze, do not worry, you can change it! If you made a very thick chocolate icing, add hot boiled water. If you have a liquid glaze, add extra confectioners’ sugar and thoroughly mix everything.
- Do not skip adding butter into the mixture! As your chocolate frosting will become creamy and smooth.
How to make chocolate frosting from scratch?
You will not find any easier and quicker recipe for chocolate icing. Let us have a look at a detailed guide on how you make perfect chocolate icing at home with four simple ingredients.
Chocolate Ganache Recipe with Milk
- 2 tbsps cocoa powder
- 6 tbsps confectioners‘ sugar
- 3 tbsps milk
- 30-50 g butter 2*3 cm cube of butter
- Mix thoroughly bolted cocoa powder with confectioners’ sugar in a saucepan (or a pot).
- After mixing dry ingredients, pour milk into the mixture and beat it up with a whisk. Put a saucepan on low heat and let it boil. While it simmers, constantly stir the mixture slowly with a spoon or spatula.
- From the moment you see bubbles, when the mixture boils, start counting the cooking time. Keep the mixture boiling on the stove for 20-30 seconds. Then take it off the heat.
- Add butter to a hot mixture and beat the frosting up with a mixer until well combined.
Here you have a velvety and creamy chocolate frosting!
Now you know a quick and easy way to glaze your desserts. You can use this recipe of a chocolate glaze for donuts, cakes, or cupcakes. If you have any useful tips on how you can make the chocolate glaze without whipped cream, leave comments in the section below. Do not forget to share our recipe with your friends if you found it useful!