This recipe of this chocolate glaze is a great equivalent for a chocolate ganache. If you have no heavy cream, try to follow our recipe for a perfect chocolate frosting with simple ingredients and easy cooking process.
If you want to learn how you can measure cocoa powder without using scales, follow this link.
How long does it take to cook chocolate frosting?
Chocolate glaze is one of those things that appears too difficult to make but in fact has a quick and easy recipe. The actual time of boiling glaze in a saucepan on the stove will be several minutes. You wait until all the ingredients boil and then simmer the mixture for 20-30 seconds.
Wait several minutes after simmering chocolate frosting before using it to coat any dessert. It needs to cool down and get thicker.
Basic tips for homemade chocolate frosting from cocoa powder
As in any recipe, those who are going to make chocolate frosting should now some useful tricks. They will help to make your chocolate glaze into even mixture without any bumps:
- If you can not decide between granulated sugar and confectioners’ sugar, please choose confectioners. It will make your chocolate fluffy and light textured.
- All the dry ingredients should be bolted and mixed together before you add milk.
- If you did not get a desired consistency of a glaze, do not worry you can change it! Add hot boiled water if you made a very thick chocolate icing, and some confectioners’ sugar if you have a liquid glaze and thoroughly mix everything together.
- Do not skip adding butter into the mixture! As your chocolate frosting will become creamy and smooth.
5-minute Chocolate Icing Recipe
You will not find any easier and quicker recipe of a chocolate icing. Let us have a look at a detailed guide on how you make a perfect chocolate icing at home with four simple ingredients.
List of ingredients for a classic chocolate frosting:
- 2 tbsps. cocoa powder;
- 6 tbsps. confectioners‘ sugar;
- 3 tbsps. milk;
- 30-50 grams of butter (2*3 cm cube of butter).
How to make easy chocolate glaze:
- Mix thoroughly bolted cocoa powder with confectioners’ sugar in a saucepan (or a pot).
- After mixing dry ingredients, pour milk into the mixture and beat it up with a whisk. Put a saucepan on the low heat and let it boil; while it simmers, constantly stir slowly the mixture with a spoon or spatula.
- From the moment you see bubbles, from the moment when the mixture starts boiling, start counting cooking time. Keep the mixture boiling on the stove for 20-30 seconds, after immediately take it off the heat.
- Add butter to a hot mixture and beat the frosting up with a mixer until well combined.
Here you have a velvety and creamy chocolate frosting!
Now you know a quick and easy way to glaze your desserts. You can use this recipe of a chocolate glaze for donuts, cakes or cupcakes. If you have any useful tips on how you can make chocolate glaze without whipped cream, leave comments in section below. Do not forget to share our recipe with your friends, if you found it useful!