Chicken liver in sour cream is a perfect daily dish for family dinners. Thanks to sour cream, a pronounced taste of chicken liver is muted and you can achieve that tender and soft texture of the cooked liver. Moreover, to make your meal extra appetizing add some colorful vegetables and fresh herbs. It will be perfect with baked potatoes or any boiled grain.
Ingredients for cooking chicken liver:
- 400 g chicken liver;
- 1 onion;
- 1 carrot;
- 3 tbsps. oil;
- 3 tbsps. sour cream;
- salt, pepper;
- fresh herbs to serve (chopped scallion in my case).
How to cook sautéed chicken livers with sour cream at home:
- Wash onion and carrot under cold water; peel the vegetables. You can cut them in any desired shape or form. I chose to chop onion and cut carrot into pieces.
- Heat necessary amount of oil in a non-stick skillet on a high heat. Sauté vegetables on a medium to high heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Lower the heat if you fill that the vegetables are starting to burn.
- Prepare chicken liver for cooking. You can wash it under running water before removing any left fat and skin. If livers are too big, you can cut them in half. But do not cut liver into small pieces as it can get dry while cooking.
- Add chicken livers to the skillet. I tend to move vegetables to the one side of the skillet and place livers on the other. Cook chicken liver for three minutes on each side. Stir veggies with liver. The longer you cook liver, dryer it gets.
- Add sour cream to the mixture in the skillet. Nicely combine them together. If you see that there is not enough moisture, you can add several tablespoons of water. Lower the heat to minimum, add salt and pepper, cover skillet with a lid and let. Let chicken liver simmer in sour cream sauce for 15 minutes.
- Before serving sautéed chicken livers add chopped fresh herbs of your choice.
Enjoy your meal!
Chicken livers with onion and carrots in sour cream is a perfect meal to cook for dinner. It is easy to cook. It does not require any special skills. You just follow my recipe step-by-step. You have four ingredients that you can find in the nearest store. If you have any tips or advices of your own on how to make chicken livers at home, share with us and leave comments in section below.