This easy chicken burrito recipe can be a quick and easy meal for any lunch or supper. Chicken burrito with vegetables is a great way to diversify your daily meals as you can use any vegetables that you like and any kind of meat. This version of a recipe can be made even healthier by replacing fried chicken with boiled chicken breast.
List of ingredients for easy homemade chicken burrito:
- 2 large tortillas;
- 100 g chicken breast;
- 150 g vegetable mix (I had frozen mix of green beans, bell pepper, spinach, and green peas);
- 1 onion, finely chopped;
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped or pressed;
- 1 small carrot, coarsely grated;
- 50 ml vegetable oil;
- 100 ml greek yogurt or sour cream;
- 20 g melted butter;
How to make chicken burrito:
- Combine chopped onion and vegetable oil in a warmed skillet.
- When onion softens, add grated carrot. Cook them for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, then add garlic and cook it for 15-25 seconds.
- Now is the time to add vegetable mix. (In this recipe, I listed frozen vegetable mix, that I had in me fridge, but, bear in mind, you can use almost any veggie mix that includes beans, peas or corn). Season your mix with salt and stir until veggies become soft. It will take up to 15 minutes for frozen vegetables to cook. Remove from heat and free you skillet from the mix by putting it onto any plate.
- Pour again some vegetable oil into your skillet, warm it up and spread diced chicken breast over the skillet in one layer, stir chicken to cook every side. It will take you 7-10 minutes total to cook it.
- Sprinkle chicken breast with salt and add basil.
- Add greek yogurt or sour cream into skillet with chicken.
- Now, for a final step, you add fried vegetables and mix all the ingredients in the pan.
- Divide in halves tortillas; fold up tortillas halves in a cone form. Fill them with chicken and vegetables mixture.
- Oil top layer of burrito cones with melted butter and place them on a baking tray.
- Bake them for 7 minutes in the oven preheated to 375°F/190°C.
- Put some chopped scallion on the top and here you have really delicious homemade chicken burrito. Enjoy!