There is something special in such an easy recipes. It has no special sauce, no extravagant ingredients and a very simple way to cook meat. Still you get a very delicious meat cooked in a fry pan with some amount of water added. And of course, how can I forget about onion. I love the way onion softens meat fibers, makes them tender and juicy. Bear in mind that this pork recipe is high in calories: 254 kcal per 100 g of cooked dish.
Ingredients for Fried Pork Bites:
- 1 kg pork lion, cubed;
- 200 g onion, sliced;
- 30 ml oil for frying;
- 100 ml water;
- 1 tsp. ground ginger;
- 1 tsp. dried herbs of your choice;
- salt, pepper to taste.
How to cook pork lion with onion on the stove :
- Rinse pork under running water and pat it with paper towels until dry. Slice pork into pieces. Try to keep seize of pieces the same for all the pork cubes. Do not cut them too small, as they tend to come out dry.
- Heat oil in the skillet over high heat. Place cubed pork in one layer onto the surface of the skillet. Try not to overcrowd the pan, as it will be easier to get all the pieces fried evenly. Fry each side at least for 3 minutes until golden brown. Thanks to the crunchy sides, all the juiciness will be kept inside the meat cubes.
- Slice onion and add it to the skillet. Mix onion with meat and lower the heat to medium. Sauté the mixture until onion is tender, stir occasionally.
- Season meat with onion with salt and pepper to your taste. Add ground ginger and herbs. Let the spices give all the flavors to the meat.
- Pour 100 ml water into the skillet. Let it simmer for 15 minutes before removing skillet from the stove.
- Before serving, add some chopped fresh herbs. Enjoy your meal!
The recipe is the easiest way you can fry pork on the stove and get juicy meat at the end. Hope that you liked my recipe without any special sauces and marinating. There was no deep-frying, no flour and a huge list of ingredients. Appreciate the recipe for its simplicity. Please, share this simple fried pork recipe with your friends (if you liked it). All the questions and suggestions leave in the comment section below.