Today’s dish of the day is classic spaghetti with meatballs in tomato sauce recipe. The sauce is one of the easiest that I could find with tomatoes involved. It has the right amount of spices and is hot enough for me. The recipe of meatballs is pretty basic but with a twist. I will bake them in the oven while sautéing vegetables. The recipe is simple; just follow the steps that will be listed below. Ingredients you can find everywhere. Spaghetti with meatballs is almost everybody’s favorite. Hope, you will like my spin on this classic spaghetti recipe!
Ingredients for Spaghetti with Meatballs:
- 400 g spaghetti;
- 400 g ground meat (ground beef and ground pork 50/50);
- 3 tbsp. breadcrumbs;
- 100 ml milk;
- 20 g parsley;
- 1 onion;
- 2 garlic cloves;
- 2 tbsps. flour.
Ingredients for Spaghetti Sauce:
- 500 g tomatoes;
- 1 chili pepper;
- 3 garlic cloves;
- 1 tsp. oregano;
- salt, pepper to taste;
- 1 tbsp. oil.
How to make spaghetti and meatballs:
- Pour milk into the bowl with breadcrumbs and leave it aside.
- Peel onion and garlic cloves, chop them finely. Sauté chopped onion and garlic until golden and soft on medium-high heat. Let them cool down.
- Take a large bowl, place there ground meat. Season with salt and pepper to your taste and add breadcrumbs (squeeze out milk first).
- Wash parsley under running water, chop it and add to the bowl.
- Add cooled down sautéed vegetables. Stir all the ingredients in the bowl until well combined.
- Form walnut-sized meatballs with your hands and dredge them with flour. Place them on a baking tray covered with a parchment paper. Bake them for 15 minutes at 425°F/220°C.
How to make sauce for spaghetti with meatballs:
- Chop peeled garlic and add it to the skillet with heated oil in it. Next, add chopped chili pepper and oregano. Sauté spices no more than a minute. The amount of chili pepper adjust to your taste (you always can add less if you prefer not so hot dishes).
- Peel tomatoes, cut them into small pieces and add them to the skillet (you can use canned tomatoes in tomato juice instead of fresh ones).
- Sauté tomatoes with spices for 30 minutes. Then add baked meatballs, cover skillet with a lead and cook for additional 15 minutes.
- While making sauce, let us boil water in a pot, add a nice pinch of salt (as water for spaghetti should be slightly over salted). Cook spaghetti according to the instructions on the package.
- Place cooked spaghetti in a plate and cover with tomato sauce and meatballs. Enjoy your meal!
If you have never tried this typer of spaghetti, you definitely should change this. I am convinced that everyone has his favorite type of spaghetti and you should see which one you like. Mine is pretty basic: a lot of sliced garlic, olive oil, some chopped fresh herbs and a lot of grated cheese. If you want me to share this recipe with you, leave a comment down below.
Wanted to remind that you can always adjust recipes to your taste or whatever you have in your fridge at the moment. Choose the type of meat; add desired dry herbs and the amount of chili pepper. As always, if you liked my recipe, share it with your friends.