Are you looking for a recipe of healthy and easy salad? In spite of its name “Spring Salad”, you can make it all year around. I love it especially for its crunchy veggies. Among its ingredients, there are three main vegetables that you possibly have already in your fridge. It is a perfect side dish for summer barbecues, family dinners. It goes well with smothered meat, gravies, mashed potatoes or any cooked grain. The secret of its appeal is the combination of textures and flavors.
Ingredients for Summer Coleslaw:
- 2 tomatoes;
- 2 cucumbers;
- 200 g cabbage;
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil;
- 20 g scallion;
- 20 g parsley;
- salt, pepper to taste.
How to make salad with cabbage, cucumber and tomato:
- Before washing cabbage, peel top leaves from it. Then let it dry or pat it with paper towels. Shred cabbage with a mandolin slicer or slice it thinly with a knife. Place it in a deep mixing bowl. Before adding any other ingredient, you can give it a gentle squeeze.
- Cut cleaned cucumbers in half and slice them. Add them to the bowl.
- I cut tomatoes in quarters in relatively thick slices (like to feel it in the salad alongside crisp cucumber). Add them to sliced cabbage with cucumbers.
- Finely chop green onions with parsley. Place them over other ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper, pour olive oil over the salad. Stir all the ingredients together. Oil should completely cover all the ingredients.
- This salad is served immediately. As salt will make veggies release moisture and will make salad soggy. Enjoy your meal!
This recipe is the easiest salad recipe that you can find. It involves washing and slicing vegetables, combining them in a bowl with your dressing. The dressing has only three ingredients; salt, pepper and oil. How easier can it get? This coleslaw recipe is simple, healthy and quick. I think I do not need any more convincing. If you have any question, leave them in the comment section below.
Please, share this recipe with your friends if you liked it!