Despite the fact that this recipe has only four main ingredients, it is no less delicious than any other recipe. There is something in combining all four of them together that makes such a mouthwatering picture.
There are several ways to make meat juicy, and all of them were used here. Meat/onion and meat/mayonnaise combos are magical, especially when baked. They make meat super juicy and tender. And all that you are left to do is not to overbake it in the oven.
This boneless pork chops recipe will become your family favorite instantly. First, you can make it for a big group of people (of course, depends on the capaciousness of your oven). Second, there is not a lot of prep going on. You will only need 10 minutes or so to beat pork chops, grate cheese and arrange layers in the baking tray. That is all. Then you wait for this deliciousness to bake.
Moreover, this recipe is versatile. You can substitute pork chops with other meat (chicken, turkey, beef, even minced meat); add pressed garlic or/and mustard to mayo to make it more flavored. Add slices of fresh tomatoes as one of the layers or sautéed mushrooms with onion instead of sliced fresh onion. Nevertheless, you will never go wrong with this classic baked pork chops recipe.
Ingredients for Pork Chops with Mayo and Cheese in the Oven:
- 4 pork chops (300 g in total);
- 1 onion;
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated;
- 2 tbsps. mayonnaise;
- 1 tsp. oil (to grease the baking tray);
- 5 tsp. spices of your choice (mine was coriander);
- salt, pepper to taste.
How to cook 4-ingredient pork chops in the oven:
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- To make pork chops tender, first let’s pound them with a meat hammer. I do not use pork chops with bones and tend to buy pork chops cut thin.
- Grease baking tray with oil before placing pork chops. Have them positioned side-by-side for more convenience. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the layer of meat. Add your favorite spices. I seasoned with coriander, as I like the way its flavor compliments the meat.
- Slice onion and add it as the second layer. I know many people who can’t stand onion, so fell free to omit this ingredient if you are one of them.
- Our next layer will be grated cheese. Spread it evenly over the meat with onion.
- Top everything with mayo. Bake pork chops for 30 minutes in the oven. In my experience, this time will be enough to cook through the meat and to have crunchy cheese at the top.
- Before serving sprinkle some chopped fresh herbs. Enjoy your meal!
This is one of those meals that are “cheat meals” for me. I try not to use mayo in my everyday products and try to replace it with other ingredients (oil, Greek yogurt or sour cream) in sauces. But there is something with that combination meat + mayo that make my mouth water. Pork becomes tender, delicious and extra flavored. Believe me, you will love this recipe!
If you like my recipe, please, share with your friends!