Super easy recipe to follow, few simple ingredients and you have a delicious dessert! If you were looking for a new way to include cottage cheese to your meals, this one is a perfect way. In total, it took me maybe 25 minutes to get cottage cheese balls cooked.
The hardest thing was getting right the time that I should deep-fry cottage cheese balls. As I do not like icing sugar, I did not use it to dust cottage cheese balls with it. However, you have many options with what you are having them. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Super Easy Cottage Cheese Donuts:
- 400 g cottage cheese;
- 700 ml vegetable oil for deep frying;
- 4 tbsps. sugar;
- ½ tsp. baking powder;
- 2 eggs;
- 300 g all-purpose flour.
- a pinch of salt.
How to Make the Best Cottage Cheese Balls:
- Take a large bowl for mixing ingredients. Take cottage cheese (you can push through a sieve first to make it fluffier). Add sugar. Combine well these two ingredients using a fork.
- Add eggs into the mixture one by one. Mix thoroughly.
- Combine dry ingredients; flour with baking powder. Sieve them into the mixture and mix again.
- It is better to knead dough by hand. It should come enough soft and unsticky at the same time.
- Make small donut balls from the dough. It turned out to be handier to roll all the balls before deep-frying.
- For this step, it is better you use deep fryer or chip pan but I have neither of them. So, I took a deep pan and filled it with oil. You should have enough oil to cover donut balls. Preheat oil to cooking temperature (something around 177 °C / 350 °F). I got oil hot on high heat and then changed it to medium – small. It is also easier to cook in small patches. Insert donut balls into oil and let them fry until crust becomes golden-brown.
- It can take you up to 4 minutes for a bunch. Remove them from the pan and place on the paper towel to get rid of excess oil. You can cover cottage cheese donuts with icing sugar, cinnamon; better served with condensed milk or your favorite type of jam.
Yeah, I know, to call these cottage cheese balls doughnuts is a bit of a stretch! Still I hope you will appreciate the recipe! Feel free to leave your entire questions in the comment section below and I will get back to you as quick as possible. These will the best ever cottage cheese balls that you have tried!