If you are in a search for a delicious dessert but at the same time healthy, look no further, as here you have a recipe for tasty oven baked apples. In this recipe, we decided to add cottage cheese with raisins but you can improvise: mix cottage cheese with crunchy peanut butter, or just add cinnamon. Make this recipe your own. It is a simple but very enjoyable healthy dessert.
List of ingredients for homemade oven baked apples:
- 4 medium apples;
- 100 grams 4% cottage cheese;
- 1 tbsp. sugar (use your favourite type);
- 1 tbsp. sour cream or yoghurt;
- 1 rounded tbsp. of raisins (optional).
How to make cottage cheese raisins baked apples:
- Preheat oven at 350°F/180ºC.
- Try to choose apples for this recipe not so soft, beacuse they can collapse while you will be cutting them. Wash and wipe dry apples thoroughly. Take a knife and cut off apples tops, put them aside as we will use them later. Then you should gut apples, remove the core of an apple with seeds using a knife or a spoon.
- Now we will mix ingredients for the inside filling. You can combine cottage cheese with sour cream and sugar with a help of a blender or just simply mix this ingredients with a spoon. It depends on the consistency you prefer. At the end, add some raisins.
- Fill each apple with made cheese mixture and put on the baking tray. In our recipe, we advise you to pour some water onto bottom of a tray instead of spreading butter. Close apples with earlier cut off tops.
- Send your tray with apples to the pre-heated oven and bake them for 30 minutes. Oven baked apples are best served as warm. Enjoy!