You know how I like my cottage cheese recipes. Well, here is another recipe with cottage cheese for you to appreciate. And its secret is perfect crumbly dough with juicy cottage cheese filling. You will have a perfect delicious dessert that is very easy to bake. Believe me! I wouldn`t even try to make a dessert if there were some special skills to have or any rare ingredients to find. It combines basic steps for baking any tart with filling and really delicious and healthy components.
Ingredients for Cottage Cheesecake:
- 500 g cottage cheese;
- 350 g all-purpose flour;
- 250 g sugar (150 g for the curd and 100 g for the tart);
- 150 g butter;
- 4 eggs;
- 2 tsp. baking powder;
- zest of a half of the lemon;
- 1 tsp. vanilla sugar;
- a pinch of salt.
How to make a perfect lemon tart with cottage cheese:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/180°C.
- Let`s knead the dough for our tart. Combine all-purpose flour with 100 g sugar, a pinch of salt and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Take butter. Make sure that it is really firm (have it in a freezer for some time). Grate it into the mixture with dry ingredients. Try making it quickly as possible as butter will start melting in your warm hands. Have it shredded in bunches and dredge it with flour every time.
- After you have all the butter grated start rubbing it together with the flour. Your mixture needs to resemble fine breadcrumbs.
- Grease a cake pan with butter before placing any dough in there (or cover the pan with a parchment paper). Take 2/3 of the mixture; pour it into the greased pan and knead dough by pressing the mixture in and up. Do not forget to form sides for the tart. Leave aside 1/3 part of the mixture for the top.
- To make the filling, combine cottage cheese with eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Add all the ingredients that are left: 150 g of sugar, vanilla sugar and the zest of 1 half of a lemon (grate it using the finest grater you have).
- Blend all the ingredients until you get a smooth consistent paste.
- Pour cottage cheese filling into the pastry case and even out it with a spoon.
- Cover the filling with left loose pastry and put the cake pan into preheated oven. Let the cake bake for 40 minutes until the top layer becomes golden.
- Let it cool down to the room temperature and put it into the fridge as cottage cheesecake with lemon zest tastes better when it’s cold. Enjoy your dessert!
Hope that your family or your friends liked my spin on this classic tart recipe but with cottage cheese filling. I tried to make this step-by-step recipe easy to follow. If you have any questions that will help you to make the cheesecake, leave them in the comment section below and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Please, do not forget to share the recipe on social media if you liked it!