If you crave for some marinated veggies, choose mushrooms! As they are a perfect product for marinating (they absorb flavors so well). Learn how you can make quick marinated mushrooms with the best ever marinade sauce.
You can’t say that there is a type of mushroom that works best with this marinade. This recipe works well whether you will use button, baby bella or even Portobello mushrooms (simply cut them into smaller pieces). Try them all, and decide what is best for you. Adjust this recipe to your taste, playing around with all the ingredients (type of vinegar, sugar, the amount of garlic or any other spice).
The thing that makes this recipe stand out along other recipes is that you do not have to wait long for mushrooms to stay in the marinade before they are ready to serve. In addition, unlike other recipes, you do not have to sauté mushrooms before marinating. You can make them in advance and store in a fridge, but at the same time, it won’t take a lot of time to cook such a perfect side dish and a snack (you can even use them as an ingredient in a salad) before unexpected party or simply any meal.
You cannot go wrong with this simple and easy pickled mushrooms recipe!
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Ready in 45 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings.
- 650 grams mushrooms (cremini or button);
- 5 cloves garlic;
- 10 allspice whole berries
- 1/3 teaspoon chili powder;
- 2 bay leaves;
- 1 tablespoon sugar;
- 1 teaspoon salt;
- 80 ml olive oil;
- 4 tablespoons vinegar (apple cider vinegar or wine vinegar)
How to make homemade marinated mushrooms:
- Take a large pot and pour olive oil in.
- Now add vinegar.
- Do not mince garlic, just chop cloves into flakes and add them to the mixture of oil and vinegar.
- Now, it is time for all the spices to go into the marinade: allspice, bay leaf, chili powder, sugar and salt.
- Transfer mushrooms into the pot and stir them carefully (do not forget to clean mushrooms thoroughly under running water and dry them with a paper towel before cooking). You do not have to add any water, as mushrooms release liquid while cooking.
- Put a pot with mushrooms on a minimum heat with closed lead. After simmering mushrooms for 10 minutes in a closed pot, remove the lead and stir the mushrooms once again carefully not to deform them. Close the pot and let mushrooms simmer for additional 8 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from the heat (the pot should still be closed) and let them sit in the marinade until they cool down. This time will be enough to get them marinated as we need.
As you can see, it is a simple recipe where you do not have to refrigerate or marinate mushrooms for a long period of time before serving. It is as simple and quick as it can be! Keep homemade pickled mushrooms in a tightly sealed container in a refrigerator for up to 14 days.
Do not forget to share our recipes with your friends!