I like sautéed or fried cabbage. The recipe is simple and easy. Just add carrot and tomato paste for the color and sausages for delicious protein. When you add protein, it becomes a sufficient meal by itself. Just try following my recipe and you will have a dinner that you won`t regret trying. Before you put skillet on the oven to heat oil, prepare all the ingredients for cooking. Chop onion and cabbage, grate carrot and slice sausages. In this way, there will be no fuss and the cooking process will be pleasant.
Ingredients for Sautéed Cabbage Recipe:
- 500 g cabbage.
- 1 carrot, grated.
- 1 onion, chopped.
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste (optional).
- 200 g sausages of your choice.
- Oil for frying.
- Salt, black pepper to taste.
How to make braised cabbage with sausage skillet:
- Cut sausages into thin round slices (make the thickness medium).
- Heat oil in the skillet over medium to high heat; add cut sausages. Fry them for several minutes until both sides are golden. Do not forget to stir them constantly!
- I tend to leave fried sausages aside or take other skillet. Heat oil again and add chopped onion. Sauté for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add grated carrot to the skillet and sauté for additional 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Slice cabbage into thin short slices and add to the skillet with veggies.
- Lower the heat to minimum heat and sauté cabbage for 20 minutes. Keep stirring often; do not let cabbage stick to the skillet. Season veggies with salt and freshly ground black pepper to your taste. If you have a lot of cabbage, try adding it in bunches (as cabbage will decrease in volume).
- When you have cabbage sautéing for 15 minutes, add full tablespoon of tomato paste and stir it in. To make tomato paste spread easier, you can add a spoon of water.
- Add fried sausages and cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Take the skillet from the heat, cover with a lead and let the dish sit for several minutes before served. Enjoy your meal!
Hope that you will appreciate this recipe for how simple it is. It has juicy vegetables and delicious smoky sausages. If you have any precooked meat hidden in your fridge, you even can use it instead of processed meat (but sometimes I just crave for some sausages). If you liked this recipe, please, share it with your friends. All your questions leave in the comment section below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.