I love such salads as this one! You have one main ingredient and play around it with seasoning and dressing. You will use only two vegetables, add some mayo to get the salad creamy and that is it! And it doesn’t hurt that beetroot is also full of vitamins and microelements. You know that there are several ways to cook beetroot for a salad: bake it in a foil or boil it on the stove. Either way you decide to cook it, the salad will be delicious for sure. Try following my recipe and get a perfect side dish for your family dinner!
Ingredients for Boiled Beetroot Salad:
- 400 g beetroot;
- 1 onion;
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise;
- 10 g green onion;
- salt and black pepper to taste.
How to make a beetroot salad:
- First, we need to prepare beetroot for grating to use in the salad. So, how to boil beetroot for a salad? Do not peel the vegetable but thoroughly rinse it under running water. Put it in a pot and cover with a large amount of water. Let the water with beetroot boil on the high heat and then lower it to minimum to simmer. You can boil it plain or add a pinch of salt and a pinch of citric acid.
How long to boil beetroot for salad? Well, it depends on the size of vegetable and its variety. As an average, 60 minutes is enough. However, it can take up to 1.5 hour. Just check the doneness with a fork.
- Let the beet cool down, then peel it and grate it with a coarse grater. Not to get your hands stained, wear kitchen gloves. Place grated beet into a large mixing bowl.
If you have some questions left on how to boil beetroots, just check the following post: How to cook fresh beets?
- Chop onion into the smallest pieces you can and add it to the grated beetroot. Mix them together.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste, add mayo and stir everything together.
- Sprinkle chopped scallion over the salad before serving. Bon appetite!
I hope that you will like my spin on creamy beetroot salad and will share it with your friends! Of course, you will spend an hour for boiling beetroot and then some time for getting it cool. Then in two minutes, you have a perfect salad. If you have no time to look after beetroot boiling , bake it in the oven. Delicious with the right amount of creaminess. That is how you describe this salad.