You need to try this recipe with turkey meat, as the marinade is simply delicious. And the main reason it is very simple. Moreover, believe me when I say that something is easy. You already know that I do not like some extra recipes that require special skills. Turkey is prefect with any garnish or a side dish, whether it is grain or any vegetable.
There are three key rules that you need to follow and you will get juicy turkey meat medallions with crunchy crust:
- Foil wrap is used not only to form medallions but also to prevent meat pieces to loose extra juice.
- Do not overfry meat pieces on the skillet.
- Do not skip the step where you marinate meat for an hour.
For turkey medallions, use meat from the turkey breast or hip.
Ingredients for Turkey Medallions with Dijon mustard:
- 700 g fresh turkey breasts;
- 4 tbsps. olive oil for marinade;
- 4 tbsps. oil for frying;
- 5 balsamic vinegar;
- 5 tsp. dry herbs mix;
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard;
- a pinch of dry basil;
- 5 tsp. salt;
- 2 pinches of red pepper.
How to cook turkey medallions on the stove:
- Rinse turkey breasts under running water and pat them dry with paper towels. Cut into big quarters of the same size like on the photo.
- Slightly beat up all the pieces of meat, but do not make them too flat. Use cling wrap to cover meat, in such a way you won’t rip it apart.
- Make marinade in a deep bowl. Combine oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard and herbs into one smooth mixture.
- Deep turkey medallions into the marinade and let them sit for at least an hour to incorporate all the flavors and soften the meat.
- Prepare strips of aluminum foil and wrap the sides of each piece so that the medallions won’t lose their shape (instead of foil you can use bacon).
- Heat skillet with oil in it over medium to high heat. Cook every piece for 3 minutes on each side until golden crust forms on each side.
- Remove skillet from the heat, take off the foil, cover pan with a lead and let medallions sit for 5 minutes. In that way, medallions will get ready. Enjoy your meal!
Hope that this step-by-step recipe of turkey medallions was helpful and you liked it. Do not forget to share it with your friends on social media! As all of my recipes, this one does not require any special skills. I tried to simplify the recipe of medallions as much as it was possible. All your suggestions and variations on this delicious recipe leave in the comment section below.