Are you tired of your usual recipes of dips and spreads? Do you want to impress your friends with a new delicious sauce? See how you can do all these with this simple and easy eggplant recipe. Several inexpensive ingredients make a mouthwatering dish. Learn how you can make perfect eggplant caviar!
Ingredients for aubergine caviar:
- 3 medium globe eggplants;
- 3 large red bell pepper;
- 600 g tomatoes;
- 2 onions;
- 2 tbsp olive oil;
- salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- 4 pressed cloves of garlic;
- small chili pepper.
How to cook eggplant caviar:
- Wash all the vegetables thoroughly under running water.
- Blender tomatoes into fine mixture. Pour into a saucepan on a high heat. Let it boil and then reduce heat to medium.
- First, cut bell pepper into halves, get rid of all the seeds and chop bell pepper into small cubes. Add cubed bell pepper to boiling tomato puree.
- Do not peel eggplants! You need to dice eggplant into cubes as well.
- Add cubed eggplant to the mixture of bell pepper with tomato puree. Let it reboil.
- Now it’s time for onion: chop and add it to the boiling mixture.
- Sprinkle in salt and pepper; add olive oil and sliced chilli pepper. Let the eggplant caviar boil for at least 40 minutes (up to 80 minutes).
- When eggplant caviar is ready, you can have it both ways: leave it the way it cooked or blender into a puree and use it as a dip for crackers, chips etc.
- You can also preserve aubergine caviar. Pack eggplant caviar into sterilized jars; make sure to fill jars all the way to top, then screw on lids. Place jars upside down on a cloth-covered surface. Leave them to cool down.
Enjoy you meal!
As always, we hope that you will love our own spin on a classic eggplant caviar recipe. You will be convinced that this aubergine caviar is a perfect dip or spread once you tried it. Do not be afraid to try something new! As you see, the recipe is simple and not time-consuming.
If you liked our eggplant caviar recipe, please, share it with your friends!
Leave all your comments in the section below!