I think we can’t appreciate eggplant enough. It is so versatile in ways that you can cook the plant. You have baking and stewing as one of the most obvious and healthiest options. However, do not skip on other versions of eggplant dishes.
How Long to Cook Eggplant on Stove
Today, I will share with you one of my favorite appetizer recipes that you use not only for the eggplant but also for summer squash/zucchini. Fried Eggplant Slices. There are several tricks to get eggplant slices perfect while cooking in the skillet. P.S. you can fry on the stove not only eggplant cut into slices but also cubes, stripes, and wedges.
Here is a similar recipe but with summer squash: Pan-Fried Zucchini Slices Recipe
Let’s see how the time of cooking eggplant depends on the method you cut it and cook:
How long to pan-fry cubed eggplant? You can cook eggplant cut into cubes for 10 to 15 minutes in the skillet on the stove.
How long do you cook eggplant slices on the stove? Fry eggplant slices in the skillet with vegetable oil for 5 to 7 minutes on each side.
Here is a detailed guide on How to Cook Eggplant in the Oven, if you are interested.
How to fry eggplant in the skillet – Fried Aubergine Slices
I think you will not find a more popular recipe for eggplant than this Easy Eggplant Slices Recipe. With only one main ingredient and several simple steps to follow, you will have a perfect snack or appetizer to serve for any picnic, barbecue, or family gathering. You will be pleasantly surprised with a dish; just try it.
Fried Eggplant Slices Recipe
- 2 eggplants
- salt to your taste
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 100 g mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves
- Thoroughly rinse all the eggplants under cool running water. Cut the plant into 1/3 inches (5-7 mm) thick slices. Get rid of the stem and never peel it (it helps slices to keep form after heat-treating).
- Put cut slices of eggplant into a deep bowl and sprinkle salt over them. Stir slices in the bow so that salt covers all of them evenly, and set the bowl aside for 10 minutes.
- Drain all the liquid that formed from the eggplants. You can squeeze the extra liquid out of the slices but be very gentle.
- Heat vegetable oil in the skillet over medium to high heat.
- Spread flour on a flat surface. You can use a simple flat plate for the purpose (add garlic powder for extra flavor). Dip every side of the slices into flour before placing them on the skillet.
- Fry eggplant slices for 5 to 7 minutes on each side until the color turns golden and crunchy crust forms.
- After cooking eggplant slices, put them on a paper towel to get rid of all the extra oil. Before serving, you can add some mayo mixed with pressed garlic on the top.
If you have any other recipes on how to cook the eggplant on the stove that you like, please, share them in the comment section below. I have to say that I like to try something new and risky once in a while.