Have you ever tried marinated fish! This recipe was like revelation to me! It is a simple marinade and the recipe has only several steps to follow. You will spend around 5 minutes on mixing all the ingredients and then just wait for silver carp to marinate.
Pickled carp will be a perfect appetizer at a festive table or it can add something extra and unconventional to your everyday meal.
This marinade recipe is a basic one. You can pick and choose ingredients to your taste: replace herbs for the ones you like, add some veggies (carrot, bell pepper will be great), choose the type of vinegar that you like, make it spicy.
However, do not forget! The key to perfectly marinated silver carp is fresh fish. Follow the recipe and you won’t regret that you tried something new!
Ingredients for marinated silver carp:
- 1 kg fresh silver carp;
- 1 onion;
- 5 tsp. salt;
- 1 tsp. sugar;
- 5 tbsps. vinegar (vine or apple);
- 1 tsp. crushed coriander seeds;
- 1 tsp. red pepper;
- a pinch of dried herbs (to your taste);
- 0,5 tsp. garlic powder;
- 80 ml vegetable oil;
- 5 tbsps. soy sauce;
- fresh herbs to serve.
How to marinate carp in the fridge:
- Fillet the fresh silver carp: try to remove all the bones (spine and the ribs), nicely rinse two fillets under running water, pat them with paper towels and my advice will be to leave the skin on.
- Cut the fillet into long small-sized pieces; try to make them equally thick.
- The first step will be to add salt together with all the spices and herbs, nicely mix everything together for every piece to be evenly covered in herbs.
- Add soy sauce and vinegar, mix.
- Slice onion and add into to the bowl.
- Heat vegetable oil in the skillet on the high heat and then add it to silver carp pieces and marinade. Stir once again.
- Сover carp in the bowl with a plate and press it with some weight. Now it is time to leave carp pieces to marinate in a fridge. Silver carp will be ready in 24 hours.
A little tip for you guys: stir every 5-7 hours to marinate pieces evenly!
Enjoy your meal!
You can’t always accurately predict whether you like something or not. Believe me it is worth the rick and I strongly advise you not to overlook this recipe! It is the easiest way to marinate fish that includes several simple steps to follow.
If you tried following our marinated silver carp recipe, please, your thoughts! Leave any questions in the comment section below and do not forget to share recipes with your friends if you like them.