Here is another classic recipe for you that I was happy to discover! It is a perfect example how you can cook a delicious dinner with just several simple ingredients. It is also very versatile, as you can replace almost every ingredient. Choose the type of minced meat that you like, use bulgur instead of rice, bake lazy cabbage rolls in a sauce based on the broth not on sour cream.
Juicy mouthwatering lazy cabbage rolls for a hearty meal!
Ingredients for Lazy Cabbage Rolls:
- 500 g ground pork;
- salt, pepper to taste;
- 2/3 cup precooked rice;
- 200 g cabbage;
- 1 cup sour cream;
- 4 tbsps. tomato paste;
- 1 large onion;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 egg;
- 4 tbsps. vegetable oil.
You can use any type of meat for this recipe: chicken, turkey, beef. I tend to buy meat and then mince it myself. For this recipe, I got a nice pork shoulder piece.
How To Make Lazy Cabbage Rolls in The Oven:
- Get the ground meat, half of an onion (grated beforehand) and 1 egg into a large bowl and nicely mix.
- Now add precooked rice, cooled to the room temperature.
- Slice cabbage into thin slices and add them to the bowl with other ingredients (you can soak sliced cabbage in hot boiled water for 10 minutes before using, as it will make it softer).
- Mix well all the ingredients in the bowl.
- Form lazy cabbage rolls into the shape of patties and arrange them in the deep baking pan.
- Now it is time to make a source for baking cabbage rolls. Sauté chopped onion and grated carrots on the medium heat until veggies are soft.
- In a cup combine sour cream together with four tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Place sautéed vegetables evenly over patties in the baking pan.
- Next, pour sour cream sauce and bake in preheated oven at 180 °C/375 °F (you can cover baking pan with a foil).
- Lazy cabbage will be ready in 45 minutes!
Enjoy your meal!
Here you have a perfect pork shoulder recipe to try! I know it is a bit of a stretch. However, if you are looking for a new recipe to integrate into your diet, this one is a perfect match. You have interesting combination of tastes thanks to baked minced meat in sour cream sauce. If you liked our recipe, please share it with your friends! If you any questions on how to cook lazy cabbage rolls with rice in the oven, fell free to leave them in the comment section below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.